2023 MID-ATLANTIC DRUM CAMP DATES:
JULY 16-20, 2023
Drummers age 9-22 years old
What's the price & what's included? Price is $625 Includes room, meals, Group instruction, Clinics, Gear Sessions and Master Classes. We have 2 discount options at registration: a) returning 2022 Camp students b) early registration.
Where is the Camp located? St. Mary's College of Maryland, St. Mary's City Maryland.
Do I need to be able to read music? NO
Do I need to bring a Drum Set? YES. We have LIMITED number of rental kits for an additional $75.
Who is teaching at the 2023 camp? Click HERE
Why ages 9-22? This camp a unique opportunity for young drummers, beginner to advanced, to learn from the greatest drummers in the world in a hands on / mentorship setting.
1) What should I expect at the camp? Live with, work with and learn grooves, fills & concepts from top professional drummers. Jam session opportunities every night - plus great food & snacks.
2) I live near the college, can I commute? YES
Same price for overnight or commuter - all meals are included for commuters.
3) What are the accommodations? Overnight students are roomed with another student in air conditioned, key access dorm rooms, with free Wi-Fi. Parent chaperons will be in the dorms overnight for safety and assistance. Students and chaperones need to bring bedding for a twin size bed (sleeping bag & pillow are good)
4) Is there a nurse available? A certified, registered Nurse is in the camp 24-hours a day. If a student is bringing medication - including over the counter - they will be given to the Nurse at Check In.
5) What drums do I bring? Students must bring a 4-piece kit consisting of: drum rug, snare & stand, bass drum & pedal, 1-small tom, 1-floor tom, ride & stand, 1-crash & stand, throne & sticks. Due to limited space, do not bring additional drums. Double kick pedals, small cymbals, stacks & percussion instruments (cowbell, jamblock), are optional.
6) Rental Kits We have a limited number of rental kits for an additional $75. Select "Rental kit" option in the registration.
7) How do I register for the camp? ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 2023
Check back for early registration discount!
8) How many skill groups are there? We are planning for 4-skill groups, ranging from beginner to advanced.
If needed, a 5th skill group may be added.
9) How am I assigned to a group? Once a student's camp registration is approved (See Terms & Conditions) Artists & Educators will assign students to a Group based on their Assessment Video (see item 10)
10) VIDEO ASSESSMENT Once your registration is approved, students must send a video, or video link, of themselves playing their best drum groove to each of the 11-music styles listed below. Play the grooves in order, any speed or variation using this "4x4x4" Song format: Verse 4-bars / transition / Chorus: 4-bars / transition / Verse: 4-bars, stop. * beginner students are NOT required to submit a video
Sample VIDEO A Song format sample video will be sent by email after your approved registration.
* Students are encouraged to include a video link of themselves playing drums with a band, in a performance setting, etc, Please add the link in the email with your Video Assessment.
Rock or Metal
Latin, Brazilian or Caribbean (Select one of the following or similar: Salsa, Marengue, Cha Cha, Tango, Soca, Songo, Cascara, Reggaeton, Bachata, Nanigo / Afro Cuban 6/8, etc)
Up Tempo Swing
OPTIONAL: "50-Ways to Leave Your Lover" DO NOT play in Song Format. Intro section only, 4-measures in 4/4
Rudiments snare drum only: Double Paradiddle, 6-Stroke Roll (any variation)
► It's ok to skip any groove or rudiment you don't know - do your best and have fun.
12) Who assigns students to a skill group? All Artists & Educators of the 3rd Annual Mid Atlantic Drum Camp will view each video and assign each student to the appropriate Skill Group. NOTE: any student can be moved to a different Group once camp begins.
Questions? Send us an email ➤ email@example.com